Dec 10, 2006
I’ve been meaning to post here several times over the past few weeks, but just couldn’t. Why? Well, these are super-busy days. I know I promised to write only stuff of substance here, but instead of waiting for that right moment and writing for hours on end to come up with interesting blog material, I thought I’d rather have more frequent–if short–updates.
So here’s what I’ve been up to lately.
* Been busy driving the car that blogging bought around town.
* Bought a 5.5th generation iPod (the iPod video) and a Belkin TuneFM to stream tunes to the car stereo.
* Been busy writing on my network blogs, as usual.
* Been busy writing stuff.
* Braced myself for another possible power outage due to suppsedly super-storm Reming.
* Attended the 9th Philippine Web Awards, where Pinoy Tech Blog was a finalist. Congrats to Noemi, who won.
* Very briefly attended the Digital Filipino Club EB where I was supposed to speak. Had to rush off to some other place that evening.
The Blog Herald
Big thing the past few days: the Blog Herald acquisition. Abe gives his insights on his blog. And here’s my introduction. Hey, if it’s a blog that’s just been sold for presyong bahay (that means its price could probably buy a house here in Manila–at least that’s how rumors peg it. Hey don’t ask me!), who wouldn’t get excited?
Of course this has implications on my regular blogging activities. It’s quite complicated. Let’s just say I’m refocusing my efforts to writing on a more limited set of blogs rather than many blogs at a time. For one thing, I had to give up Blogging Pro as it was directly in competition with the Herald. I’ll be more actively blogging on my other favorites, Apple Gazette and ForeverGeek, though.
De-Stressing (or is it supposed to be “distressing”?)
Hmm. What else happened? Oh, I tried out the Shiatsu massage at newly-opened Blessings spa along E. Abada street (parallel to Katipunan Avenue here in Quezon City). It’s great, especially since they have a 50% discount from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. until end-December. Feels pretty great to de-stress every once in a while, especially if you spend almost most of your waking hours in front of keyboard and screen and behind the wheel. Can I write a review? Probably as soon as my scheule clears up.
So there you have it, folks. Three weeks worth of posts in a few paragraphs. My life’s interesting, ain’t it?J. Angelo Racoma is a technology and automotive journalist and blogger. See more of his work at e27.sg, Android Authority and Tech Wire Asia. Follow him via Twitter at @jangelo.